Can’t imagine we are at the end of August already! The last week or rather the past 10 odd days are such a blur, what with having spent it being admitted in a hospital and all. Being sick does that to you. Everything passes by in a jiffy the moment you go under the weather. It’s like a tunnel, a dark one at that, where the whole shebang happens at lightning speeds. You do feel the pain and discomfort though, every bit of it. What do you know, there’s no respite there.
But while that happens at the slowest of paces imaginable, somehow you lose your grip on time, it just spins out of control. Before you know it you are at the other end of the tunnel having spent a good few days of your short life in a haze. But who can complaint as long as you do get to reach the other end, right?
So, after a week at the hospital, still recuperating and still very weak, all I want to do today is a gratitude post. The occasion calls for it, don’t you think? So, here I go.
- that I had S by my side all along. Normally, I can manage things alone but I don’t think I could have done so this time.
- that I have a younger sister who for the past week made sure she was there by my side at the break of dawn. And she normally doesn’t like waking up early mind you.
- that my family cares for me, worries about me and that I’m not alone. The number of calls S received is a testament to that.
- that S was wise enough to apply for health insurance. I would have never thought about it and would have ended up paying everything from my own pocket. I’m so grateful that he takes care of all this.
- that my doctors took such good care of me. What would we do without them?
- that S had decided to purchase a car very early on or else how would he have dragged me to 4 to 5 different places and that too at odd hours at night. So, relieved at his far-sightedness.
- that I could afford to take off work in spite of have low leave balance. This reminds me I need to look for a new work place where sick leaves are given separately. Grateful for this reminder too.
- that I have a cook who agreed to come of Sunday as well because I just couldn’t muster up the strength to make something.
- that I’m all better now barring the weakness. Let me tell you being sick isn’t a great feeling at all.
Well, that’s all for now. I hope I have a better September. In fact, I hope we all have a better September.
Until next time then,
Wishing you good health.